Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Happy Green Day!


It is Tuesday again and time for another Tuesday Morning Sketches sketch. This is a fun sketch! Our sponsor this week is:



DRS Designs

"DRS Designs - a family owned company since 1950 - boasts hundreds of original rubber
stamp designs. All images are available fully mounted, completely unmounted or mounted
on cling cushion and are proudly hand crafted in the USA. Our rubber stamp collection
includes a wide assortment of images including sentiments for all occasions, easy
background designs and fun technique stamps such as our stained glass and plaid designs.
The DRS Designs website features a huge card sample gallery, online demos and tips, a
secure shopping area and more. Be sure to visit our daily blog with posts from our fantastic
design team for inspiration and ideas."
And here is the sketch:

I used a white card base for my card. I would have preferred a solid green, but I did not have the appropriate green to go with the DP, so I had to use white. I layered a piece of gold (to represent the pot of gold) and a layer of DP that contains various St. Patrick's Day words. I matted my Irish Blessing onto the gold and used a white dotty card weight for the two fish tails. The background DP is from "The Spring Stack" by DCWV. I don't know the manufacturer of the gold paper nor the pad from which the green and yellow dotty paper comes. The yellow side is the back of the green with white side. 

The fish tails were cut using an Elizabeth Crafts die. The ovals were cut using a Coluzzel template. The corner was punched using a Paper Shapers sold by Stampin' Up punch. The clover punch does not have a manufacturer's name on it.

You are going to love the different examples the DT have made using this sketch. To get a look at all of them, go to the TMS blog.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a happy, crafty week! 
 

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and I love the Irish blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gold and green and of course as someone named Patti I love the Irish blessing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun St Patrick's day card. It makes me feel lucky.

    ReplyDelete