Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Sea Shells and Surf Boards


Hello dear followers. This Tuesday Morning Sketch is going live on the 4th of July, a holiday we Yanks celebrate to celebrate our independence as a new country. Many of the cities and towns have celebrated this weekend with fireworks displays, parades and more. The Parks and Recreation Department for whom I work will sponsor the annual fireworks display this evening for our city. If you are from the US, I wish you a happy 4th. If you aren't, then I wish you a great Tuesday!

This month Tuesday Morning Sketches will celebrate its 8th anniversary, so we will be having some really nice prizes leading up to the grand prize. We also are adding a few extra requirements to the challenges, so make sure you read carefully. This week we are not only asking you to use our sketch, but we ask that you use die cuts on your card. Here is the sketch:


Here is a picture of the prize:




One last thing -- the challenge entries will be drawn on each week BUT they will ALL be used for the final drawing. That gives you four chances to enter towards the final grand prize (and it is a nice one, too!!). Melissa has a system all worked out so that she knows which entries apply to which week so that we will continue to have the weekly prizes and drawings and then the final prize (shew, glad she's doing it and not me - LOL)!

Anyway, our first week is to use die cuts on your card. I have created a summer time card with surf boards and sea shells. My base card is blue card with the surf board paper on top. My top panel is the matching blue of the card base matted with brown. 

My sea shells are cut using Marianne dies. The shell design is lightly embossed and then inked with Close to My Heart's fawn colored ink to enhance the embossing. The sentiment is a La La Land stamp.

Before I close, I'd like to "introduce" a new member of the design team. Carol L. has been a follower of Tuesday Morning Sketches for some time. We have all enjoyed her lovely work, and we are thrilled she agreed to join the team. If you have some free time, please take a look at Carol's blog, and her beautiful work. Also, stop by the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and have a look at all the DT work this week. As always, my fellow teamies have worked their magic to create some FAB cards to inspire you.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful take on the sketch with that great summer-themed card! I love the dsp and especially the sentiment with that great trio of beachy elements! They all combine for one fun card. Happy July 4th and thanks so much for the warm welcome and kind words :) I think I'm going to like it here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gnarly card, dude! Said with my best surfer dude voice - actually, I'm channeling Crush from Finding Nemo. Love the beach theme and the surf board patterned paper is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love your dies that are perfect with your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I want to copy what Melissa said this is a WAY cool card Jenee!!

    ReplyDelete