Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Blank Canvas


This week we are trying something new at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Instead of giving you a sketch to use, we are giving you some specific ingredients for your card and allowing you to use any sketch you want to. The three items your card MUST have are listed in the box above.

Each month, we will have one week called our Blank Canvas Challenge. The requirements will change each time, but you will be allowed to make your card in any fashion you like as long as you use the three required features, whatever they may be for that month, on your card.

The first requirement is to use watercolor. As you can see, it states that I can "fake" it if I need to. Although I do have watercolors, I chose to "fake" mine to save time. I have used a piece of paper from We Are 3 Designs "April Showers" collection. This paper reminded me of watercolor with its soft hues and "runny" appearance. I am using a piece of blue card for my base.  I have created a panel using another piece of the April Showers digital paper and matted it with the blue. I then used one more image from the Marianne Designs bird image sheet which I also matted with the blue. Last of all, I printed the sentiment from my computer, cut it into a fishtail and then matted it with a piece of the blue card.

I have a girlfriend who has been going through chemotherapy for cancer. She is a positive, sweet and wonderful lady whom I love. I have tried to send her thinking of you cards every week or so to try to let her know she is not alone in her journey. This card will be going into the mail to her.

Let us see what you decide to do with our new challenge format, and also let us know what you think of our new idea. Do you like it? I think the DT had a lot of fun with it based on the wonderful array of cards they have created. We'd love for you to stop by the TMS blog and/or the DT's individual blogs and let us know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. Had I not read your post, I would have assumed you water-colored the background panel, because it's beautiful! I love those blended colors with the great image you chose to use. It's so thoughtful of you to remember your friend often as she's on this journey, and I'm sure she looks forward to receiving beautiful cards from a dear friend like you :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those birds are adorable!! I'm sure your friend has really enjoyed receiving your cards. It's been nice being on the DT with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How kind of you for supporting your friend with your beautiful cards through her difficult challenge Jenée. You picked perfect "fake it" paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic card! I love your watercolor paper and it's perfect behind those sweet little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! I'm sure your friend will love it!!

    ReplyDelete